Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What makes Minneapolis Public Art so Amazing?

I know it is, but I can't quite figure out why public art so sacred to us.

I am a student at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design currently researching the public art in Minneapolis. I am not a native to the city, so I wanted to start a discussion about our environment. I have only been here for three years so I'd like to hear from people who have expirienced the city more fully through it's evolution. More specifically, I want to hear stories about peoples reactions to some of the public art pieces around the city. Whether beautifully designed bench was really nice to sit on after shopping on Nicolet, or you like to go to the dandelion fountain in Loring Park to relax, I am begging to hear some of the experiences that really make Minneapolis so great.

No comments: